St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia is seeking to appoint an experienced data & systems technician. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to join the founding staff of this ambitious new International School
- Ensure the integration and maintenance of the schools MIS system (iSams) and related programmes such as Google docs and email, Meet the Teacher, Turn It In, Tapestry and Managebac.
- Use the relevant software for booking events, creating report templates, checking attendance and accurate records
- To ensure all staff are appropriately trained to use the relevant systems software.
- Enter and maintain the relevant data
- Ensure confidentiality of information entered into the MIS system
- Create new user accounts on all systems
- Accurately and promptly input data into designated Meet the Teacher, Google, iSams, Turnitin, Managebac and Tapestry modules, use and manipulate, download, verify and distribute associated output as required.
- Produce an analysis of exam results and summative assessment to inform pupil database and liaise with SLT regarding statistics generated.
- Uploading students to GL Assessment testwise website to conduct tests
- Producing reports from GL Assessment testwise website
- Producing documentation for Invigilators to conduct GL Assessments
- Assisting the Examinations Officer with importing results on results day and production of data for Heads of Departments
- Assisting with Examinations when required
- Work closely with the Examinations Officer to utilise examination and reporting data effectively
- Ensure the integrity of all data held in the school
- Maintain accurate academic student information
- Develop and maintain data protocols
- Contribute to the development, operation and monitoring of systems to ensure all changes affecting MIS data are collated and the data updated in a timely manner.
- To maintain students’ records on assessment data.
- To manage and develop academic and report databases
- Manage school’s data capture and reporting systems and adaptation, development of school information systems
- Create strategic and operational data analysis systems to support in depth analysis of individual teacher, subject and curriculum performance; as part of the whole school self-evaluation process
- Oversee the production, copying, collating and dispatch of all school reports and interim grades, in line with the school assessment recording and reporting policy.
- To undertake any other administrative tasks related to the post.
- To undergo any training required in order to perform duties effectively.
- To maintain good general knowledge of the schools’ systems in order to carry out duties effectively.
- To maintain strict confidentiality with all work where necessary with due regards to data protection.
- Assisting in the running of internal and external exams under the direction of the Exams Officer
- In the absence of the Exams Officer to deputise as directed
- Manage and update the school website
- Degree in related field with education-based experience or degree in IT-related field and/ or experience in an educational-related setting
- Preferably Senior Executive specialized in IT/Computer – Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have ability to work independently and perform all duties of the job efficiently and effectively.
We can offer:
- Full medical cover
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
SJII Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore, be subject to a DBS check.
Click Here To Read More About Job Description
How To Apply:
- Complete the application form at this link.
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae
Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.