St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Finance Executive. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to join the founding staff of this ambitious new International School
- Full spectrum of accounting and finance responsibilities including financial report and cash flow and management reporting.
- Ensure accurate and time reporting and submission of monthly/periodic financial and management reports.
- Liaise with auditors, tax agents, banks and other statutory bodies.
- Ensure accounting records are in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Assist in budget preparation.
- Financial analysis between budget and actual.
- Implement and maintain of internal controls and compliance with Financial Reporting standard (FRS) and Standard Operating Procedures and Policies (SOP).
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the school, the latter in consultation with the Finance Manager.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports to the Board of Governors (BOG).
- Keeping the accounts of the school and preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and Balance Sheet as required by the Board of Governors (BOG).
- Preparing pupils bills and collecting all fees and extras.
- Scrutinising and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records.
- Compliance on taxation matters.
- Advising on the financial implications of all charitable activities of the school.
In addition, any other reasonable duties as requested by the President, CEO, Bursar or Finance Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least Bach.Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Finance / Accountancy / Banking or equivalent
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Working experience in education will be an added advantage
- Meticulous & good interpersonal & communication skills to work with people at all levels
We can offer:
- Full medical cover
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
SJII Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore, be subject to a DBS check.
Click here to read more about job description
How To Apply:
- Complete the application form at this link.
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae
Send the above to email@example.com
Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.