St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Finance Manager. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to join the founding staff of this ambitious new International School
- Provide secretarial support and oversees the production of the papers for all Governors’ meetings
- Provide secretarial support and to oversees the production of the reports for School’s Executive Committee meeting.
Finance & Accountancy
- Advising on general financial policy within the school.
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the school, the latter in consultation with the President / CEO and Principals or Senior Academic staff.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports to the Board of Governors.
- Keeping the accounts of the school and preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets as required by the Board of Governors.
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years and as required by the Board of Governors.
- Payment of all salaries and wages and benefits in kind.
- Administering EPF scheme for Malaysian teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Scrutinizing and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Organizing special appeals for capital projects or endowment funds.
- Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records.
- Preparing forecasts for the future financial performance of the school; over a period of a five years.
- Preparing financial appraisals of particular projects.
- Advising on taxation matters.
- Advising on the financial implications of all charitable activities of the school.
- Dealing with the school’s income tax and rating assessments.
- Advise the Board of Governors on School Fee Structure and regulator’s compliance.
- Advising on scholarship and bursary funds and undertaking assessments of parents’ income and assets prior to making bursary awards.
- Involvement in the marketing and development of the school.
General Management & Administration
- Ensuring that all relevant staff have contracts of employment and keeping the school’s standard contracts up-to-date as new legislation takes effect.
- Managing the employment, terms and conditions of service, supervision and welfare of all non-teaching staff.
- Ensuring that the school has adequate insurance cover at all times to include employer’s liability, buildings and equipment cover, personal accident, travel insurance and other relevant cover. Professional advice should invariably be sought.
- Purchasing, either directly or through a purchasing group, all goods and services for the school.
- Arranging for staff accommodation and dealing with the letting of property to school employees and third parties; ensuring that the appropriate leases and licenses to occupy are signed by the tenants.
- Possess at least a Bach Degree in Finance / Accounts
- At least 10 years working experience in the related field.
- Preferable a member of MIA
- Preferable with working experience in similar industry.
- Good communication skills in oral & written in English.
- Strong in leadership skills with good communication skill with all levels and decision making capabilities.
- Sees challenges as opportunities.
- Goal oriented & result driven.
We can offer:
- Full medical cover
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
SJII Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore, be subject to a DBS check.
Click here to read more about job description
How To Apply:
- Complete the application form at this link.
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae
Send the above to email@example.com
Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.