St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia a school of the De La Salle Brothers is seeking an outstanding and inspirational specialist Whole School Aquatic Leader whose passion and experience will transform the outcomes of our students. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join the founding staff of this ambitious new international school.
The Whole School will offer a dynamic and creative curriculum delivered through the International Primary Curriculum. We are committed to securing the highest possible standards of teaching and learning in this area to ensure that our pupils will flourish as successful Global Citizens. There will be a very strong extra-curricular offer and the successful candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to this programme.
We are looking for a committed, passionate and knowledgeable professional who will work tirelessly to ensure the academic, social, emotional and spiritual growth of the children in their care.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise the SJII Malaysia aquatic programmes.
- Assist with the coordination, development, application, and evaluation of swim program including the early years’ PE program as well as primary/secondary curricular swimming programs.
- Oversee the overall scheduling of all aquatic program and services, in cooperation with the Whole School Coordinator of PE and Sport and PE Department.
- Prepare pool calendar for curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Responsible for writing policies and procedures that relate to the swimming pool and the swimming programme.
- Conduct lessons and swim team training in a safe, friendly environment.
- Administer any first aid needed due to any accident and follow SJII Malaysia medical procedures. Note the school employs qualified nursing staff.
- Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility.
- Take responsibility for the supervision of day-to-day operations of the swimming pool including monitoring the maintenance, security, and safety of the overall pool environment as well as the supervision of staff working in the swimming pool.
- Take responsibility for the procedures on opening and closing of the swimming pool.
- Responsible for ordering of equipment and Swim Meet specific needs that reflect Aquatic or PE requirements.
- Communication with other international schools in the region for hosted and away swim meets.
Communication with swim meet team parents on their involvement in events.
- Communication with the Marketing and Communications team at SJII Malaysia regarding schedules, results, awards etc.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school committed to holistic education
- A school-wide commitment to accelerating and deepening pupils’ learning
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
- Excellent professional development opportunities to support the delivery of cutting edge practice
- Highly competitive teachers’ pay and conditions
SJII Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore, be subject to a DBS check.
Click here to read more about job description
How To Apply:
- Complete the application form at this link.
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae
Send the above to email@example.com
Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.