St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior IT Manager. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to join the founding staff of this ambitious new International School
- Overseeing and submitting the whole school budget bid for learning technologies for infrastructure, hardware and software to ensure conformation to the vision.
- The planning, design and where appropriate the effective modelling of an appropriate learning environment for the use of learning technologies across both schools.
- Devising and implementing policies and procedures to maximise student learning through the application of technology.
- Maintaining and advanced knowledge of technology operations and concepts, including social, ethical, legal & human issues surrounding the use of technologies.
- Reporting and advising on learning technologies at a whole school level to the Leadership Team (ELT).
- Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs.
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network.
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis.
- Lead, manage and direct the team to support all aspects of the IT Support Service, taking operational responsibility for the team, including where day-to-day management has been delegated.
- Produce detailed timelines and implement effective project control for each software release.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Administer email and anti-virus systems.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Build long term relationships with outside vendors for IT related products and services.
In addition, any other reasonable duties as requested by the President, CEO, Bursar or Finance Manager.
- Possess at least a Bach Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma /Professional Degree, Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 10 years working experience in the related field.
- Must be strong in IT process improvement.
- Preferable with working experience in similar industry.
- Good communication skills in oral & written in English.
- Strong in leadership skills with good communication skill with all levels and decision making capabilities.
- Sees challenges as opportunities.
- Goal oriented & result driven.
We can offer:
- Full medical cover
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic, state of the art environment
- A caring, inclusive Lasallian school
- A highly effective team committed to supporting each other
SJII Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore, be subject to a DBS check.
Click here to read more about job description
How To Apply:
- Complete the application form at this link.
- A letter of application (maximum 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae
Send the above to email@example.com
Please indicate clearly in the subject portion of the email which post you are applying for.